Thursday, November 18, 2004

Together Again - Virgil (26)

I never liked Greg. He was always the first to screw things up. It was his fault that my first mission went awry. Accidents happened. Objectives were lost. Hopefully he'll do better this time.
"Thank you very much for the ride, Greg, I appreciate it."
"Cut the crap, Virgil, you know very well that your appreciation has nothing to do with our compliance. What are you doing here? Alive? And don't expect to be 'out of our hair' as soon as you'd like."
Quick. Harsh. Fool. "You act as if you don't appreciate my, shall we say, ressurection."
"Like Hell, I appreciate it, you deserted us!" he snapped.
"I've always liked you Greg, you get right to the point. I suppose I did disappear, but it's all for the better. As for my livelyhood, you don't really think I could have died in a car crash, did you? I'm disappointed, I thought you would have figured it out. You know how the facade works, or at least that it works, and you know very well how I drive."
"Hence me behind the wheel." Greg looked confused. "What are you getting at?"
"The facade shows exactly what people expect to see. With the way I've driven in the past, it's amazing to think that no one has expected to see a giant ball of flame before."
A look of realization quickly twitched through Greg's eyebrows. Marcus was silent as usual. Ian was quiet thus far. Smart kid. He might have some promise after all.
"So, I'm curious; do you know any more about your mission than the other recruits? I understand you've been chosen again."
Greg flinched, and was silent for the rest of the ride. Either he realized what he had reveiled to me, or he was embarrased. I'm going to assume the latter. It's going to be a long mission

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Marten said...

I think it's kind of choppy. Should I add a bit more to it, or are we just going to move on?

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Evey said...

yeah, a bit choppy i guess...
What happenned to Marcus?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Marten said...

He's there. read it again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home