Thursday, March 09, 2006

Integration Studies - Grillian - 45

Six hours later I had managed to walk across the cabin, and I was starting to think as a single entity. The secret, I had learned... Greg had showed me... was to focus entirely on the here and now. The present was a consistent experience; it was the past that was tainted with our individual perspective. Total integration would have to include the past, but a temporary integration, just to prevent unimaginable horrors... psycholinear destabilization, wait UNIMAGINABLE HORRORS? Sorry, I didn't think that. Oh yes I did, care to explain what I meant? Well, alrigh- Ewww! That's why I didn't want to.... Ewwwwww!
"Grillian! You guys are flickering!" screamed Scarlett. I snapped out of it.
"Scarlett," I said, "Singular pronouns, remember?"
"Right, sorry." Scarlett had been selected to help us get oriented because we were the most united in our opinion of the girl, and because she wasn't needed elsewhere. Theoretically Marcus and Ian were working on finding a solution in the database and Ellen was having a heated conversation with Virgil on the flight deck. No one seemed to be focusing on the particulars of the mission, which worried half of me greatly, though the rest of me was still getting it's half of my mind around this whole weird situation.
"Do you want to try walking again?" asked Scarlett. I tried to say yes and no at the same time. Then I switched. Finally I came to a consensus.
"I'm a little tired just now, I think the best thing to do is to get some sleep."
"No, you can't. Ellen said to keep you focused on tasks. If your mind wanders, it will wander all over the place, and your conflicting subconscious could kill you in your sleep."
"Alright," I conceded, half-reluctantly, and got up to walk across the cabin again. I successfully walked back and forth three times and around in a circle, when Marcus and Ian walked in.
"Got any figured it out thing yet?" I asked, too excited to focus on integration.
"You won't like it," said Ian, looking quite sickly.
Marcus elaborated.
"There is a way out of this for you, but it's going to be very ugly."

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yay! I've read this already, but yay! I like the trouble integrating thoughts. Poor Greg and Gillian.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

I'm confused. Who's up?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jonah Comstock said...

whomever goes after Erin- I think Marten

 

Post a Comment

<< Home