Thursday, December 29, 2005

Psycholinear Frequencies - Grillian - 43

It all sort of happened at once… It was like nothing I’d ever heard of… Of, course I’d heard of that sort of thing happening, but never been on this end of… It was like I wasn’t, well I was still me, but also not me… the whole situation – it shouldn’t have happened in this perp anyway, I mean… all at once. I could feel my feelings and my memories, but also new ones and I think they were… there are things that can be done to prepare for combiners like this. We should have… Greg’s. Must’ve been, because there was, well just because… eaten special roots or something, I don’t remember… I kept seeing these weird plant things, with funny shaped roots… but anyway, I was just so confused and overwhelmed, but of course that wasn’t me that was… I should have been completely freaking out, but half of me was really calm… well, not half of me me, but…
“What the- eww, you’re all..” we/I heard. It was Scarlett, she’d finally noticed us.
“Greg, Gillian, calm down. I’ve seen this before.” That was Ellen.
“I Seen know, what Ellen before?” I heard myself say. I’d tried to say, ‘Seen what before?’… I’d tried to tell Ellen I already knew, but of course…
“You two have been temporarily combined into one entity,” she said calmly… trying to sound calm… “This happens occasionally when two people who have similar psycholinear frequencies stand too close together while jumping into a perpendicular universe.” She frowned… was trying to figure out what was going on, because obviously… almost confused… this shouldn’t have happened, and she knew it…
“If you’re going to have any hope of getting out, you have to start allowing yourselves to integrate into one being. Otherwise you’ll tear yourselves –self- apart.”
That was ridiculous… how were we… we shouldn’t have to… supposed to integrate when we wanted to be … “integrate,” we should be getting… Separated.
“Good work,” said Ellen.
What?” we asked.
“You stopped flickering. You’re sort of looking like a consistent person now.” One of us was starting to wonder what we looked like.
“Nice outfit,” Scarlett snickered.
Just then Virgil walked in from the direction of the flight deck... Wait, how did I know where the flight deck was? Anyway, a look of shock and then amusement broke out on his… smug little… face.
“Well, well, well. What happened down here while I was gone?”
“Gone?” asked Ellen, knitting her brow.
“Trimming my nails, naturally,” he snidely replied.
So,” we asked, “What now?"
“Marcus, could you come here a second?” she asked.
“Right here.”
“See if you can find a remedy for this in the database.”
“I’m on it.” I –we- tried walking and instead ended up… flat on our face… falling down. This was going to take some getting used to.

5 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jonah Comstock said...

Evie: I promised' it'd be awesome. I just had to wait til I was in teh same country as Jonah.

Jonah: Erin, your turn. This totally counts as mine too.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Marten said...

no way it can count as jonah's.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Evey said...

it has to! we co-wrote it, and it has both characters.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Marten said...

so you have to co-write a second one.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Ohmigod. That? Was so freaking awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home