Saturday, August 07, 2004

Late Arrival - Ian (13)

After I left the mall, things had started looking up. All the way home I'd been worried sick about what to tell my parents, so you can imagine my relief when I found the agents had dealt with it. It was a little weird they'd told them more than me, though. FBI? CIA? To tell the truth, I was a little disappointed. I'd been expecting.... I don't know what I'd been expecting. The Matrix, or maybe Men in Black. Instead, it was turning out closer to Alias - you know, still cool, but not the same kind of cool. Oh well. At least I didn't have to go behind their backs. No one was certain on whether or not we were allowed to tell my brother, so it was just as well he was in Belgium. That's starting off on a tangent though; I won't go there.
Anyway, by the time I got there, there was nowhere to park, so I drove around for about ten minutes and ended up having to walk about as far. So, twenty minutes late, I finally found the alley, and ran down it, and found the door.
"You're late, Mr. Wallace" said a voice as I tugged on the door. It wouldn't open. Great, I thought to myself, I'm late, and now they're not gonna let me in.
"I know", I said, not in a great mood, "I couldn't find a place to park. Let me in,"
"You have a car?" inquired the voice. It's tone was steady, and somewhat androgynous. It made me feel very uneasy.
"Not technically," I answered, "I borrowed it from my brother. He's in Belguim studying -"
"How unfortunate" the voice said, cutting me off. Then it changed the subject, "You certainly seem to have packed light,"
Shoot, I thought. " I left my bag in the car," I said. "Look, it's like a ten miute walk, I'm already late-"
"Very well," said the voice. The door swung open, revealing a long hallway.
The strange thing was, there was no one on the other side of the door.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Evey said...

Thank you so much for that slightly pointless chapter. It helped me lead up to my chapter SO much. Not.
(Sorry, I'm so extremely tired that I can barely see straight. Sorry if I was rude, but it's true.)

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Marten said...

it wasn't pointless, and no one ever said one persons chapter Had to lead to someone elses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home